Cyber Monday to keep shoppers excited
November 24, 2012 (WLS) -- As the hoopla behind Black Friday starts to wind down, stores are stepping up efforts to keep shoppers excited with cyber Monday deals.
It's billed as the official start of the online holiday shopping season, but some stores are already shelling out big post-Thanksgiving discounts online.
Retailers, like Wal-Mart and Amazon, are extending their deals into the full week.
Others are offering special deals for followers and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Retail experts estimate sales from Monday alone will reach about $2 billion.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All