Cyber Monday to keep shoppers excited
November 24, 2012 (WLS) -- As the hoopla behind Black Friday starts to wind down, stores are stepping up efforts to keep shoppers excited with cyber Monday deals.
It's billed as the official start of the online holiday shopping season, but some stores are already shelling out big post-Thanksgiving discounts online.
Retailers, like Wal-Mart and Amazon, are extending their deals into the full week.
Others are offering special deals for followers and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Retail experts estimate sales from Monday alone will reach about $2 billion.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos