Discover Card testing fingertip reader
November 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some credit card users will soon be able to make purchases with the touch of their fingertip.
Discover is testing a new system that uses a fingertip reader to complete a transaction.
A card user's index fingerprint is assigned a number used to buy products.
Discover employees are testing the system.
There is no word on when it might be rolled out.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 2 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 18 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos