Discover Card testing fingertip reader
November 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some credit card users will soon be able to make purchases with the touch of their fingertip.
Discover is testing a new system that uses a fingertip reader to complete a transaction.
A card user's index fingerprint is assigned a number used to buy products.
Discover employees are testing the system.
There is no word on when it might be rolled out.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 9 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 24 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 3 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 30 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits