Discover Card testing fingertip reader
November 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some credit card users will soon be able to make purchases with the touch of their fingertip.
Discover is testing a new system that uses a fingertip reader to complete a transaction.
A card user's index fingerprint is assigned a number used to buy products.
Discover employees are testing the system.
There is no word on when it might be rolled out.
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos