Discover Card testing fingertip reader
November 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some credit card users will soon be able to make purchases with the touch of their fingertip.
Discover is testing a new system that uses a fingertip reader to complete a transaction.
A card user's index fingerprint is assigned a number used to buy products.
Discover employees are testing the system.
There is no word on when it might be rolled out.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas