New ethanol gas could harm cars
November 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Some gasoline sold at the pumps could harm your car, says AAA.
The travel organization is calling on the government to ban the sale of the new ethanol gas called E15 until consumers can be better-warned about its proper use.
More than 200,000,000 cars on the road are not designed to use E15 gas and AAA says 95 percent of drivers surveyed were not aware that it can be harmful to their cars. .
E15 gas is only available in a very small number of gas stations in the United States.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 40 min ago
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire 1 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 15 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 39 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 25 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
5 min ago