TSA testing new, faster screening program
December 24, 2012 (WLS) -- Holiday travel may soon be more pleasant as the TSA has a new program to speed travelers through security checkpoints.
This is a pilot program where most travelers would not have to remove shoes, belts and coats, and wouldn't have to take laptops and liquids out of carry-on bags.
To qualify, passengers would have to get the approval of a bomb sniffing dog and a TSA agent trained to detect suspicious activity.
The program is being tested in Indianapolis and Tampa.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 5 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 37 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
5 min ago