Hollywood reaches all-time ticket sales high
January 1, 2013 (WLS) -- A team of superheroes, James Bond, and teenage vampires helped pushed movie ticket sales to an all-time high.
According to Hollywood.com, Hollywood closed 2012 with $10.8 billion in domestic ticket sales.
This is the first time since 2009 that ticket sales have increased.
Analysts predict 2013 may be even better due to a series of high-profile sequels hitting theaters this year like Thor and Iron Man 3.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 2 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Baby found frozen in car seat pronounced dead 23 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal 40 min ago
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd 22 min ago
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
2 min ago