Hollywood reaches all-time ticket sales high
January 1, 2013 (WLS) -- A team of superheroes, James Bond, and teenage vampires helped pushed movie ticket sales to an all-time high.
According to Hollywood.com, Hollywood closed 2012 with $10.8 billion in domestic ticket sales.
This is the first time since 2009 that ticket sales have increased.
Analysts predict 2013 may be even better due to a series of high-profile sequels hitting theaters this year like Thor and Iron Man 3.
- Police chase involves Harvey murder suspect 15 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...