McDonald's giving away books with Happy Meals
January 11, 2013 (LONDON) (WLS) -- Move over, toys. McDonald's is serving up literacy with its Happy Meals.
McDonald's restaurants in Great Britain plan to give away 15 million fiction and non-fiction books with Happy Meals over the next couple of years.
McDonald's in Great Britain tested the book giveaway last year, -giving away 9 million copies of the book War Horse.
There is no word on whether McDonald's plans to give out books with Happy Meals in the U.S.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos