Airfares up 4.2 percent in 2012
January 21, 2013 (WLS) -- The price for flights went up again in 2012, but not as steeply as in previous years.
Domestic airfares increased by 4.2-percent last year, putting the average ticket cost at $427.
In 2011, airfares rose 13-percent.
While this is good news, one travel website founder predicts any ticket price savings will be offset by more fees.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials 10 min ago
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
29 min ago