Airfares up 4.2 percent in 2012
January 21, 2013 (WLS) -- The price for flights went up again in 2012, but not as steeply as in previous years.
Domestic airfares increased by 4.2-percent last year, putting the average ticket cost at $427.
In 2011, airfares rose 13-percent.
While this is good news, one travel website founder predicts any ticket price savings will be offset by more fees.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates