Chicken wings go up in price
January 23, 2013 (WLS) -- Hosting a super bowl party? Get ready to pay more if chicken wings will be on the menu.
Wings are a party staple. But they are more expensive this year and fewer are available.
The National Chicken Council says corn and animal feed prices soared last year because of the drought, which sent wholesale chicken prices to their highest level in history. The group says 12 million fewer wings will be eaten this Super Bowl Sunday compared to last year.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 57 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains stopped on tracks 1 min ago
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee 45 min ago
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance 23 min ago
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 49 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Alex Spourdalakis mom, godmother take 5th in court
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
57 min ago
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
23 min ago
- Yale Elementary students face reality of...
42 min ago