Chicken wings go up in price
January 23, 2013 (WLS) -- Hosting a super bowl party? Get ready to pay more if chicken wings will be on the menu.
Wings are a party staple. But they are more expensive this year and fewer are available.
The National Chicken Council says corn and animal feed prices soared last year because of the drought, which sent wholesale chicken prices to their highest level in history. The group says 12 million fewer wings will be eaten this Super Bowl Sunday compared to last year.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 11 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 58 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist 29 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover 26 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case 28 min ago
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
58 min ago
- Ugly Christmas sweater store pops up in...
7 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for...
26 min ago