Chicken wings go up in price
January 23, 2013 (WLS) -- Hosting a super bowl party? Get ready to pay more if chicken wings will be on the menu.
Wings are a party staple. But they are more expensive this year and fewer are available.
The National Chicken Council says corn and animal feed prices soared last year because of the drought, which sent wholesale chicken prices to their highest level in history. The group says 12 million fewer wings will be eaten this Super Bowl Sunday compared to last year.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 33 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 28 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor