Chicken wings go up in price
January 23, 2013 (WLS) -- Hosting a super bowl party? Get ready to pay more if chicken wings will be on the menu.
Wings are a party staple. But they are more expensive this year and fewer are available.
The National Chicken Council says corn and animal feed prices soared last year because of the drought, which sent wholesale chicken prices to their highest level in history. The group says 12 million fewer wings will be eaten this Super Bowl Sunday compared to last year.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 57 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 46 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
57 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
46 min ago