National Pancake Day means free IHOP hotcakes
February 5, 2013 (WLS) -- Imagine a big stack of steaming, hot pancakes melting with butter and dripping with syrup. Sounds good, huh?
A free stack of buttermilk pancakes sounds even better. And since it's National Pancake Day, IHOP is giving them away. But just for Tuesday. In exchange for a free short stack, the company is asking customers leave a donation for charity.
IHOP is hoping to raise $3 million for charity this year.
Opening as the International House of Pancakes in 1958 in the suburbs of Los Angeles, 15 years later the chain changed its name to IHOP. More than 1,550 restaurants have opened across the country since its inception.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas