National Pancake Day means free IHOP hotcakes
February 5, 2013 (WLS) -- Imagine a big stack of steaming, hot pancakes melting with butter and dripping with syrup. Sounds good, huh?
A free stack of buttermilk pancakes sounds even better. And since it's National Pancake Day, IHOP is giving them away. But just for Tuesday. In exchange for a free short stack, the company is asking customers leave a donation for charity.
IHOP is hoping to raise $3 million for charity this year.
Opening as the International House of Pancakes in 1958 in the suburbs of Los Angeles, 15 years later the chain changed its name to IHOP. More than 1,550 restaurants have opened across the country since its inception.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 17 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 15 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
11 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
15 min ago
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
4 min ago