Facebook tracking app raises privacy questions
February 5, 2013 (WLS) -- Facebook may be working on a new way to help you track down your friends.
According to published reports, the social networking site is apparently developing a mobile app that will let users track the location of friends even if the app isn't open on a friend's phone.
Right now, Facebook only offers location services when users check in somewhere or through tagged posts. Reports of the new app is already raising questions about privacy.
It is expected to be released in mid-March.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans