Smartphone data plan prices expected to jump $40 over 4 years
February 6, 2013 (WLS) -- If you think you're already paying too much for your smartphone data plan, just wait. It's expected to get worse.
A new report by Cisco predicts monthly bills will be about $40 higher by 2017, thanks to 4G. That's because Americans are expected to use 6.2 gigabytes of data per month by then. That's eight time more than today.
The report also predicts connection speeds will be three times faster in 2017.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos