Smartphone data plan prices expected to jump $40 over 4 years
February 6, 2013 (WLS) -- If you think you're already paying too much for your smartphone data plan, just wait. It's expected to get worse.
A new report by Cisco predicts monthly bills will be about $40 higher by 2017, thanks to 4G. That's because Americans are expected to use 6.2 gigabytes of data per month by then. That's eight time more than today.
The report also predicts connection speeds will be three times faster in 2017.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 19 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos