Smartphone data plan prices expected to jump $40 over 4 years
February 6, 2013 (WLS) -- If you think you're already paying too much for your smartphone data plan, just wait. It's expected to get worse.
A new report by Cisco predicts monthly bills will be about $40 higher by 2017, thanks to 4G. That's because Americans are expected to use 6.2 gigabytes of data per month by then. That's eight time more than today.
The report also predicts connection speeds will be three times faster in 2017.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos