Fiscal cliff delays tax refund checks
February 8, 2013 (WLS) -- The Internal Revenue Service is reportedly far behind in its processing of federal tax returns and mailing refund checks.
According to the Chicago Tribune the delay is because of the so-called fiscal cliff.
It caused the IRS to wait for the year end jockeying to play out before receiving guidance on the exact tax policy for refunds.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
9 min ago