Honda to make vehicles lighter, more fuel-efficient
February 19, 2013 (WLS) -- Honda is showing off new technology that helps make vehicles lighter and more fuel-efficient.
Engineers melded hard steel with light aluminum.
The new method can be used on car parts such as door panels and trunks.
Honda plans to use the technology in vehicles that will go on sale in 2013.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 17 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 14 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 20 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 4 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77