iPhone case packs a punch with a built-in stun-gun
March 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The "Yellow Jacket" smartphone case can do more than just protect your phone.
The case comes equipped with a 650,000 volt stun gun in addition to its rugged exterior. It can be triggered in less than two seconds.
Co-creator Sean Simone spent the past year designing and perfecting the case after his design sketches sparked interest on the Internet.
Police warn that the device is dangerous, and are suggesting that potential customers get training before equipping it. The company has training videos on its website.
The Yellow Jacket is available for pre-order online for $140. It’s currently compatible with the iPhone 4, but iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 models are in development.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer