Debit card swipe fees not going anywhere
March 6, 2013 (WLS) -- The government will not be cutting the fees charged for swiping your debit card.
Merchants and the financial industry are divided over the Federal Reserve bank's rule on swipe fees.
Retailers wanted lower fee limits.
Banks and debit card companies say the cap on fees works against consumers because it forces the industry to scale back on free checking programs and other consumer banking rewards.
- Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in Calumet Heights 3 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 21 min ago
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist struck, killed in Roselle identified 16 min ago
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos