Wrigley to sell caffeinated gum, 'Alert Energy'
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Caffeine drinks have been popular and profitable. So, the Wrigley Company is trying to cash in with a caffeinated gum.
The gum is called "alert energy."
Wrigley says each piece has the same amount of caffeine as about half a cup of coffee or a 16-ounce soda. It will be in some stores next month.
Each pack will list the ingredients and have a warning label about caffeine.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 52 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 11 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 39 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 31 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand