Wrigley to sell caffeinated gum, 'Alert Energy'
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Caffeine drinks have been popular and profitable. So, the Wrigley Company is trying to cash in with a caffeinated gum.
The gum is called "alert energy."
Wrigley says each piece has the same amount of caffeine as about half a cup of coffee or a 16-ounce soda. It will be in some stores next month.
Each pack will list the ingredients and have a warning label about caffeine.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges 45 min ago
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace... 28 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos