Whole Foods to label genetically modified products
March 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Whole Foods will begin telling customers which of its foods have been genetically modified.
The supermarket chain says it will require labeling of all genetically-modified foods sold in its stores.
The company says it's in response to demand by consumers to know what is in the food they buy.
Whole Foods says its new labeling policy for genetically-altered products will be in place by 2018.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 32 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill 41 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Chicago River dyeing draws crowds
39 min ago
- Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade 2014
24 min ago