Whole Foods to label genetically modified products
March 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Whole Foods will begin telling customers which of its foods have been genetically modified.
The supermarket chain says it will require labeling of all genetically-modified foods sold in its stores.
The company says it's in response to demand by consumers to know what is in the food they buy.
Whole Foods says its new labeling policy for genetically-altered products will be in place by 2018.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 56 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 55 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos