Hashtags may be coming to Facebook
March 15, 2013 (WLS) -- Facebook may be adding the hashtag to its lexicon.
The Wall Street Journal reports Facebook is working to incorporate the hashtag into its social networking service.
A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol "#" and is used as a form of metadata tag.
The hashtag is widely used on Twitter.
Facebook has not commented on the report.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 33 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines 33 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
33 min ago