Burger King adding turkey burger to menu
March 18, 2013 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- If you think a Whopper's too indulgent but are sick of chicken sandwiches, Burger King is offering a turkey burger for the first time.
The Miami-based company is rolling out the new sandwich this week as part of its limited-time offers for spring, marking the latest fast-food effort to cater to health-conscious diners. Last week, McDonald's said it plans to offer a lower-calorie version of its Egg McMuffin made with egg whites. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based chain said the egg whites will be available for any other breakfast sandwich on its menu as well.
McDonald's and Wendy's said they have no records indicating they ever offered a turkey burger, meaning Burger King would be the biggest fast-food chain to do so.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus