Chase shows $0 balance after computer glitch
March 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Millions of Chase customers who bank online were shocked when they checked their accounts- and got a zero balance.
The bank's system was reporting zero balances for checking accounts. Officials say the problem was caused by a computer glitch, not a cyber threat. The zeroes lasted for only a few hours.
The bank has apologized for the technical problem and says it's been fixed.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport