AAA reports car ownership costs rising
April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The cost of owning a car is going up.
AAA says it now costs two percent more to own a sedan than it did one year ago.
That's an extra 61 cents a mile, if the car is driven about 15,000 miles a year.
Factors contributing to the cost include gas, maintenance, insurance, and tire costs, as well as depreciation.
Maintenance costs alone are up more than 11 percent over last year.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 20 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 34 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 53 min ago
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 4 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 15 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD