AAA reports car ownership costs rising
April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The cost of owning a car is going up.
AAA says it now costs two percent more to own a sedan than it did one year ago.
That's an extra 61 cents a mile, if the car is driven about 15,000 miles a year.
Factors contributing to the cost include gas, maintenance, insurance, and tire costs, as well as depreciation.
Maintenance costs alone are up more than 11 percent over last year.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 47 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos