AAA reports car ownership costs rising
April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The cost of owning a car is going up.
AAA says it now costs two percent more to own a sedan than it did one year ago.
That's an extra 61 cents a mile, if the car is driven about 15,000 miles a year.
Factors contributing to the cost include gas, maintenance, insurance, and tire costs, as well as depreciation.
Maintenance costs alone are up more than 11 percent over last year.
- Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in Calumet Heights 1 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 16 min ago
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist struck, killed in Roselle identified 11 min ago
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos