Volkswagen, Apple team up to offer new iBeetle car
April 22, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Volkswagen and Apple are working to connect drivers behind the wheel.
This weekend Volkswagen will debut the 2014 iBeetle.
While many cars have iPhone connectors, the new Beetle incorporates some iPhone features into the infotainment system.
There will be an iPhone dock, a custom Volkswagen Beetle app, and smartphone functions that are synced with the car's onboard electronics.
It will be unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show this weekend.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates