Volkswagen, Apple team up to offer new iBeetle car
April 22, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Volkswagen and Apple are working to connect drivers behind the wheel.
This weekend Volkswagen will debut the 2014 iBeetle.
While many cars have iPhone connectors, the new Beetle incorporates some iPhone features into the infotainment system.
There will be an iPhone dock, a custom Volkswagen Beetle app, and smartphone functions that are synced with the car's onboard electronics.
It will be unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show this weekend.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 38 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 4 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 44 min ago
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home