Volkswagen, Apple team up to offer new iBeetle car
April 22, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Volkswagen and Apple are working to connect drivers behind the wheel.
This weekend Volkswagen will debut the 2014 iBeetle.
While many cars have iPhone connectors, the new Beetle incorporates some iPhone features into the infotainment system.
There will be an iPhone dock, a custom Volkswagen Beetle app, and smartphone functions that are synced with the car's onboard electronics.
It will be unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show this weekend.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 3 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 41 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 16 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 2 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 19 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
2 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos