US Airways to charge more for ticket changes
April 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- U.S. Airways is following United Airline's lead- and will now charge fliers more to change their tickets.
Other airlines are expected to follow.
U.S. Airway's fee is now $200 for changing a domestic flight. American and Delta have not yet raised their change fee from $150.
Airlines have long charged these fees as a condition of buying the cheapest tickets, but the fees have jumped since the 1990s when they were typically about $50.
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 8 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping