Beef prices soar before Memorial Day weekend
May 15, 2013 (WLS) -- The grilling season is here, but get ready to pay more for hamburgers and steaks.
Wholesale prices for choice-grade beef is up $0.36 from the previous record set just last week.
The cost of beef traditionally rises with demand for the Memorial Day weekend.
In March, the average beef price hit a record $5.30 per pound.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits