Beef prices soar before Memorial Day weekend
May 15, 2013 (WLS) -- The grilling season is here, but get ready to pay more for hamburgers and steaks.
Wholesale prices for choice-grade beef is up $0.36 from the previous record set just last week.
The cost of beef traditionally rises with demand for the Memorial Day weekend.
In March, the average beef price hit a record $5.30 per pound.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 30 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death 6 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back 9 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 7 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
30 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
8 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
6 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos