Best Beauty Buys
May 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As we officially head into warmer temperatures, for most of us, our skin can also use a little help in the transition from winter to spring and summer.
Here are the top three things to keep in mind according to experts. Number one, sunblock, time to bring it out. Number two, change that moisturizer to something a little lighter. And remember to exfoliate.
"Our skin is the biggest living organism, people forget about that," said Dr. Juliues Few. "We actually shed skin every four days."
Few is a sought-after expert in Chicago for patients wanting younger-looking skin. But we got him to share with us some of his best beauty buys for less.
SIMPLE FOAMING WASH - $5.99
First, a cleanser from Simple for under $10.
"It's designed to do just that... Simple... nice clean and fresh," Few said.
NEUTRAGENA OIL FREE MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 15 - $8.49
"This is another budget friendly product, high grade... all skin types, will not cause people to break out," Few said.
VICHY LIFTACTIV RETINOL HA - $47.50
"This is a retinol... it does so gradually... fine lines and wrinkles go away," Few said.
LA ROCHE-POSAY MELA-D DARK SPOTS - $53
Dr. Few says one of the biggest things people come to his office for is dark spots. But you can do a whole lot with this. In case you're wondering if you can use it while being out in the sun, Dr. Few says yes, it's perfectly fine as long as you use proper sunscreen.
We were able to find these products at Walgreens, but you can get them anywhere, including online at Amazon.
consumer, judy hsu
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits