Walmart gives money-back guarantee on fresh produce
June 3, 2013 (WLS) -- Walmart is offering a money-back guarantee on the fresh produce it sells.
Under a new policy, Walmart customers who are not satisfied with the fruits and vegetables they purchase can bring back their receipt for a full refund.
Walmart says the policy will help ensure the quality of its produce.
The company has been struggling to keep its produce aisles fresh, and is addressing concerns about the bananas, lettuce and other produce it sells.
Other changes include delivering produce from farms to store shelves more quickly by purchasing fruits and vegetables directly from local growers. It's also conducting independent weekly checks of the produce aisles at its more than 3,400 Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and Express stores.
Walmart has also launched a produce training program for 70,000 associates, including store managers, that teaches them how to better handle fruits and vegetables.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD for hours 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 38 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans 55 min ago