Walmart gives money-back guarantee on fresh produce
June 3, 2013 (WLS) -- Walmart is offering a money-back guarantee on the fresh produce it sells.
Under a new policy, Walmart customers who are not satisfied with the fruits and vegetables they purchase can bring back their receipt for a full refund.
Walmart says the policy will help ensure the quality of its produce.
The company has been struggling to keep its produce aisles fresh, and is addressing concerns about the bananas, lettuce and other produce it sells.
Other changes include delivering produce from farms to store shelves more quickly by purchasing fruits and vegetables directly from local growers. It's also conducting independent weekly checks of the produce aisles at its more than 3,400 Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and Express stores.
Walmart has also launched a produce training program for 70,000 associates, including store managers, that teaches them how to better handle fruits and vegetables.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court 43 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 37 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos