Airlines collect $27B in fees
June 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Airlines are making billions of dollars off of fees, according to research firm Idea Works Company.
United Airlines collected $5.3 billion in baggage fees, priority boarding and premium seating. It's the second year United finished first in the survey.
Overall, airlines collected more than $5.3 billion in fees.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus