Touchscreen device allows self-checkout at restaurants
June 28, 2013 (WLS) -- There may soon be a new way to pay your bill when you dine out at restaurants.
A new portable, touchscreen device by Viableware lets you complete self-checkout at your table.
The device lets you and other diners split the check, calculate tips, swipe your own credit cards and even print out your receipt.
The device is currently being tested by Paypal and American Express.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 29 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 12 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 20 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 54 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 54 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 28 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 41 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
12 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos