Price reduction for 2014 Ford Focus Electric models
July 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Ford says it is slashing the price of its Electric Focus by $4,000.
The price-cut will begin with 2014 models that arrive at dealerships within a few weeks.
The move brings the base price of the vehicle down to just below $36,000.
Some states also offer tax incentives for buying electric cars.
Ford says the price-cut is intended to keep the car competitive.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand