Price reduction for 2014 Ford Focus Electric models
July 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Ford says it is slashing the price of its Electric Focus by $4,000.
The price-cut will begin with 2014 models that arrive at dealerships within a few weeks.
The move brings the base price of the vehicle down to just below $36,000.
Some states also offer tax incentives for buying electric cars.
Ford says the price-cut is intended to keep the car competitive.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap