Netflix profiles separate users under one Netflix account
August 2, 2013 (SAN FRANCISCO) -- Netflix profiles tool allows for up to five separate identities under a single account.
Not everyone likes the same movies - even members of the same household. And Netflix is tweaking its service to reflect that reality.
Its newest wrinkle: separate identities for people using the same account. The tool can split a single Netflix account into five different profiles. That means dad and mom can have their own separate lists of faves, while the kids can have their own profiles.
Before that shared accounts could serve up a wide variety of suggestions, depending on who last had control of the remote when using Netflix.
The multiple profile tool will be included at no additional cost to the service's $8 monthly fee. Netflix has 37.6 million subscribers worldwide.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 12 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 21 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 15 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
16 min ago