Netflix profiles separate users under one Netflix account
August 2, 2013 (SAN FRANCISCO) -- Netflix profiles tool allows for up to five separate identities under a single account.
Not everyone likes the same movies - even members of the same household. And Netflix is tweaking its service to reflect that reality.
Its newest wrinkle: separate identities for people using the same account. The tool can split a single Netflix account into five different profiles. That means dad and mom can have their own separate lists of faves, while the kids can have their own profiles.
Before that shared accounts could serve up a wide variety of suggestions, depending on who last had control of the remote when using Netflix.
The multiple profile tool will be included at no additional cost to the service's $8 monthly fee. Netflix has 37.6 million subscribers worldwide.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 19 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 37 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 28 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- UCP Seguin 1 year after merger
12 min ago
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
15 min ago