Latest crash tests reveal small cars may not be safer than midsized models
August 8, 2013 (WLS) -- The latest crash tests reveal small cars may not be safer than midsized models.
However, the small cars got better grades than smaller SUVs.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety released the results Wednesday morning.
The Honda Civic got the top score for protecting drivers.
The Kia Forte and Soul and Nissan Sentra all got the worst grade of poor.
Researchers say bad ratings are because of structures that the tests found don't allow airbags enough space to block impact, providing insufficient cushion for the driver's head.
Complete results available at: http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr080813.html
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD