Jeep Grand Cherokee fire safety issue investigated
August 23, 2013 (WLS) -- A popular SUV is under a safety investigation.
Federal safety regulators are looking into complaints that the ceilings can catch fire in 2012 models of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
There have been 3 reports of fires near the passenger-side sun visor.
Investigators will try to determine if the problem is serious enough to issue a recall.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 56 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 17 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 2 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 11 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos