McDonald's wings to be offered for limited time
August 28, 2013 (WLS) -- McDonald's is entering the chicken wings business, at least for a little while.
It's rolling out its "Mighty Wings" nationally next month and will sell them through November. The bone-in wings will be available in packs of three, five and 10 -- with the choice of nine different sauces.
Burgerbusiness.com first broke the news Monday. McDonald's test-marketed wings in Atlanta in 2012 and in Chicago this year.
The Oak Brook-based restaurant chain began testing "Mighty Wings" in Chicago in January.
Miami-based Burger King says its French Fry burger will be available Sept. 1 through the fall, as it looks to drum up sales and customer interest with cheap new concoctions.
The burger, which clocks in at 360 calories and 19 grams of fat, is a relatively novel offering but doesn't require any extra investment from Burger King; it's basically a standard beef patty topped with four of the chain's french fries.
The offerings come as fast-food chains jump through hoops to get customers through their doors, in large part by heavily promoting their cheapest eats.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 18 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 27 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 15 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos