Facebook may be adding profile pictures to database
August 29, 2013 (WLS) -- If you're on Facebook, the social networking website may be adding your profile picture to a new database.
Facebook is looking at adding members' profile pictures to a facial recognition database.
Facebook says the technology would improve its photo tagging feature.
Some privacy advocates are raising concerns about its use.
Facebook says users would have the option to keep their pictures out of the facial recognition database.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 12 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Office Depot move disappoints IL lawmakers 30 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 39 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85
- CTA trains to be cleaned less often, union says 9 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77