McDonalds to switch to coffee paper cups
September 26, 2013 (WLS) -- McDonald's is changing its coffee cups.
The oak brook-based hamburger chain says it is switching to paper cups for its coffee and other hot drinks.
Paper cups will replace the polystyrene plastic cups that are harmful to the environment.
The switch will not be immediate.
McDonalds says its transition to paper cups will occur over the next several years.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 52 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home