McDonalds to switch to coffee paper cups
September 26, 2013 (WLS) -- McDonald's is changing its coffee cups.
The oak brook-based hamburger chain says it is switching to paper cups for its coffee and other hot drinks.
Paper cups will replace the polystyrene plastic cups that are harmful to the environment.
The switch will not be immediate.
McDonalds says its transition to paper cups will occur over the next several years.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos