United Airlines introducing thinner, lighter seats
October 3, 2013 (WLS) -- United Airlines is introducing new seats that it says will help save money.
The new seats are thinner and lighter. That cuts weight and that cuts fuel costs.
The airline says they are more ergonomic and provide more support.
United did not say if it will use the thinner design to fit more seats on flights.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 31 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse 57 min ago
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 5 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'