United Airlines introducing thinner, lighter seats
October 3, 2013 (WLS) -- United Airlines is introducing new seats that it says will help save money.
The new seats are thinner and lighter. That cuts weight and that cuts fuel costs.
The airline says they are more ergonomic and provide more support.
United did not say if it will use the thinner design to fit more seats on flights.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD