Chipotle to add shredded tofu to Chicagoland stores
October 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Chipotle plans to introduce shredded tofu to all its Chicago area stores on Monday for a limited time.
The "sofritas" will be braised with chiles and spices and available at the chain's 83 Chicago and suburban locations.
Currently, the only option for vegetarians is getting black beans or fajita vegetables.
The decision on whether to add tofu to the menu permanently will depend on its performance in the region.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 18 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 6 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago