Chipotle to add shredded tofu to Chicagoland stores
October 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Chipotle plans to introduce shredded tofu to all its Chicago area stores on Monday for a limited time.
The "sofritas" will be braised with chiles and spices and available at the chain's 83 Chicago and suburban locations.
Currently, the only option for vegetarians is getting black beans or fajita vegetables.
The decision on whether to add tofu to the menu permanently will depend on its performance in the region.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 1 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 14 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 44 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 19 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
1 min ago