Chipotle to add shredded tofu to Chicagoland stores
October 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Chipotle plans to introduce shredded tofu to all its Chicago area stores on Monday for a limited time.
The "sofritas" will be braised with chiles and spices and available at the chain's 83 Chicago and suburban locations.
Currently, the only option for vegetarians is getting black beans or fajita vegetables.
The decision on whether to add tofu to the menu permanently will depend on its performance in the region.
- Messy commute, power outages come with winter storm 5 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 2 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary