Dog jerky treats from China responsible for nearly 600 pet deaths, FDA says
October 22, 2013 (WLS) -- Jerky treats are making dogs sick, and in some cases, killing them.
The Food and Drug Administration says nearly 600 pets have died since 2007 after eating jerky treats made in China.
Thousands of others have become sick.
No specific brands have been named, but the tainted treats are made with chicken, duck and sweet potato.
The FDA is asking anyone with pets who become ill to contact them.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 40 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 55 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77