Dog jerky treats from China responsible for nearly 600 pet deaths, FDA says
October 22, 2013 (WLS) -- Jerky treats are making dogs sick, and in some cases, killing them.
The Food and Drug Administration says nearly 600 pets have died since 2007 after eating jerky treats made in China.
Thousands of others have become sick.
No specific brands have been named, but the tainted treats are made with chicken, duck and sweet potato.
The FDA is asking anyone with pets who become ill to contact them.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 43 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 22 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program 58 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
43 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
22 min ago