Dog jerky treats from China responsible for nearly 600 pet deaths, FDA says
October 22, 2013 (WLS) -- Jerky treats are making dogs sick, and in some cases, killing them.
The Food and Drug Administration says nearly 600 pets have died since 2007 after eating jerky treats made in China.
Thousands of others have become sick.
No specific brands have been named, but the tainted treats are made with chicken, duck and sweet potato.
The FDA is asking anyone with pets who become ill to contact them.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 55 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All