Target security breach suit filed in Chicago
December 26, 2013 (CHICAGO (WLS) -- At least one Illinois resident has joined those suing Target after the retail giant disclosed hackers stole millions of customer accounts.
Chicago-area woman Chandra McPherson is the named plaintiff in a class-action lawsuit filed this week in federal court in Chicago. Similar lawsuits have been filed in other states.
The 31-page Chicago lawsuit seeks unspecified damages in one of the largest data breaches in U.S. history.
Last week, Target revealed that up to 40 million credit and debit accounts may have been stolen. Target says the breach involved U.S. store purchases between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15.
A message seeking comment from Target's Minneapolis headquarters Thursday wasn't immediately returned. A Target statement Monday said it "remains committed to sharing information about the recent data breach with all who are impacted."
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says 16 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...