Jewelry a popular holiday shopping selection
December27, 2013 (WLS) -- Jewelry was one of the most popular gifts purchased during the holiday shopping season.
According to MasterCard's purchase data, shoppers spent an average of $500 to $1,200 on jewelry, up from last year.
Analysts say the stronger economy is responsible.
MasterCard says overall holiday spending was also up.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 20 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake