Lights out for incandescent bulbs in 2014
December 31, 2013 (WLS) -- It's lights out for incandescent bulbs in 2014.
The phase out of the traditional 40 and 60 watt light bulbs is part of a 2007 energy efficiency law signed by then-president George W. Bush.
You can still buy them, but once they're gone, they're gone!
Replacing incandescent bulbs are more efficient LED, halogen and fluorescent options.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 7 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 26 min ago
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD