Twitter targeting account advertising
January 15, 2014 (WLS) -- If you have a Twitter account advertisers will have a new way to target you on the social network.
Twitter advertisers will provide an email address of a user who has visited a company's website, purchased merchandise or a service, or have signed up for a company's email.
Twitter will then match that information with a user's account so marketers can send ads based on a user's likes and interests.
Twitter says users can uncheck a box in account settings to stop Twitter from matching your account to targeted ads.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans