Twitter targeting account advertising
January 15, 2014 (WLS) -- If you have a Twitter account advertisers will have a new way to target you on the social network.
Twitter advertisers will provide an email address of a user who has visited a company's website, purchased merchandise or a service, or have signed up for a company's email.
Twitter will then match that information with a user's account so marketers can send ads based on a user's likes and interests.
Twitter says users can uncheck a box in account settings to stop Twitter from matching your account to targeted ads.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake