Toyota Camry, Prius v rate poor in IIHS crash tests for mid-size family cars
December 19, 2012 (ARLINGTON, Va.) (WLS) -- A popular car did not fare well in new crash tests for mid-size family cars.
This is the first time the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety put moderately priced cars to through its rigid, frontal impact tests. They simulate what happens if another car, tree or pole is hit.
The Honda Accord and Suzuki Kizashi earned good ratings.
But the popular Toyota Camry and the Prius v rated poor.
Mid-size family cars outperformed the mid-size luxury cars that were tested.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 49 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77