97 toys, cribs, children's items recalled in 2012 | List of recalled children's products 2012-2013
February 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Toys, cribs, and other children's products recalled in 2012 are listed in a report by Kids in Danger (KID).
Illinois Attorney General List Madigan said Wednesday that the number of children's product recalls fell to 97 items in 2012, the lowest since 2004. However, she said that while that number is down, a toy or other children product is recalled very three to four days.
"We believe that the impact of new safety regulations can be seen in reduced recalls this year. Recalls for unsafe cribs and toys with lead continued to drop," Attorney Madigan said.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 25 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 19 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
55 min ago