Naked man arrested in local Walmart
EXTON, Pa. - February 16, 2012 -- Police in Chester County arrested a man found wandering around a Walmart wearing nothing but socks, and the odd incident was all caught on camera.
In the surveillance video police say you can see Verdon Lamont Taylor stripping in the middle of the Walmart parking lot in Exton.
It happened around 5:00pm Wednesday at a busy hour.
Taylor takes off his socks and all of his clothes and then waltzes into the Wal-mart. The video shows shocked shoppers trying to avoid him.
"Large guy, about 6'4", 200 lbs; he is an imposing figure, and he is naked. I'm sure there were people scared in there," said Detective Scott Pezick.
Once inside, police say Taylor walked up to the customer service line where a bag of returned goods sat on the table. Taylor pulled out a pair of socks and proceeded to put them on.
"There was one employee who got a coat and followed him, which is kind of a brave thing to do," said Detective Pezick. "I think most people were startled and just tried to avoid him."
Police responded and placed the man under arrest. Taylor allegedly spit on an officer as he was taken away from Walmart on a gurney. Police had to use a Taser to subdue him.
"He wouldn't follow commands, at which point they did need to deploy a Taser, and he was taken into custody," Detective Pezick said.
Investigators don't believe Taylor suffers from any sort of mental illness. They believe he may have been under the influence of drugs.
Taylor faces one count of aggravated assault for spitting on that officer. He also faces indecent assault and other related charges.
He remained behind bars unable to post $50,000 cash bail.
naked in public, pennsylvania, walmart, crime, chad pradelli
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 59 min ago