Stolen school bus crashes in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2012 -- Police are looking for the thief who stole a Philadelphia school bus overnight and crashed it into a parked car before running off.
Officers say that at about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, someone pulled the bus out of the All City Transportation bus yard, located at 68th Street and Norwitch Drive in Southwest Philadelphia.
The suspect then went on a short joy ride that ended early Wednesday morning when he failed to negotiate a turn at the corner of 68th Street and Buist Avenue.
The bus slammed into a parked car there. The suspect then jumped out of the bus and ran off.
Police are examining surveillance video at the bus yard to see if they have a good image of the thief.
This is the second school bus theft in Philadelphia this week. The first instance happened on Monday afternoon when three teens stole a bus from a lot in Kensington while the bus driver attended a funeral.
The search for the teens continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 41 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 21 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 8 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 16 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 20 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
41 min ago